Click on an image below to access each recipe.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin:
- excellent source of beta-carotene
- contains beta cryptoxanthin which may decrease the risk of lung cancer in smokers
- low in calories
- provides approx. 248% of RDA for vitamin A
- protects from “age-related macular disease”
- rich in B-complex
- rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium & phosphorus
- good source of dietary fiber & mono-unsaturated fatty acids
- 100 g of pumpkin seeds provide 30 g of protein, 110% RDA of iron, 4987 mg of niacin (31% RDA), selenium (17% RDA) & zinc (71% RDA)
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of tryptophan, which is converted to GABA in the brain.
- Pumpkin seeds have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal & anti-parasitic properties.
- They are a natural treatment for tapeworms & other parasites.