Go behind-the-scenes with a Curtis Orchard tour! Enter the fascinating world of honey bees, see how cider is made, and actually taste the apples we grow. $6 per person (adults and kids alike) for a 45-minute tour. Includes an apple, donut & cider in a keepsake apple cup. Tours by reservation only.
Tour Side Options
The following are optional, but must be purchased at the time of the tour check-in:
- Take home sugar pie pumpkins for $2 (normally $2.50), starting mid-September.
- Pick-your-own apples. Groups are required to purchase at least one u-pick bag ($5) for every six people. U-pick is sometimes closed for orchard maitenance; please call ahead for availability (217.359.5565, ext. 0).
- Tours must be booked online. A credit card number will be held securely (but not charged) to complete the reservation. The card will be charged only if the group does not show up.
- The entire tour is indoors and is handicap accessible.
- All adults who enter the tour room must pay the $6 admission. This includes chaperones, teaching assistants, and bus drivers.
- Groups of ten or less will be charged a minimum fee of $60.
- Groups of 11 or more receive one free admission.
- There’s enough room for just 60 people in each 45-minute time slot. Groups with more
must book more than one time slot.
- Tours must be booked online.
- All sales are final. Because our tour is indoors, there are no weather-related cancellations.
We can, however, re-schedule your group.
Not taking a tour? That’s okay! However, all groups must still schedule their visits whether they are taking a tour or not.
Non-tour groups will receive a discount on sugar pie pumpkins when booking online. You may also reserve your group’s donuts and cider here.Book Online